- Set clear business objectives – define what you are hoping to achieve from the event.
- Register online – avoid entrance queues and save money.
- Plan your visit – visit the website for a list of exhibitors, networking events and conference sessions, and check back regularly for the latest updates to make sure you know what’s on.
- Prioritise your visit – you may not be able to get to everything, so make a list of ‘must see’ and ‘may see’ products and companies.
- Print an event floorplan – note the companies you wish to visit (many Reed websites can do this automatically for you).
- Don’t forget to bring plenty of business cards.
- Set up meetings in advance – avoid disappointment by taking advantage of online appointment setting systems to set up key meetings.
- Arrive early for free seminars – many are offered on a first come, first served basis.
- Add value to your visit by attending Continuing Education sessions.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Drink lots of water.
- Check the event website for discounted accommodation rates.
- After the show, catch up on any missed conference sessions by downloading podcasts and webcasts from the event website.